From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2008 19:43:45 -0400
I have been contacted by the Jacksonville, FL Animal Control about
taking in homeless ferrets. They are placing those who are healthy, but
need a place to send unadoptables. They current have two ferrets in
this situation. I am a good bit away (Tallahassee) and am also trying
to get out of the ferret rescue business. Besides, we seem to have an
overabundance of homeless ferrets in this area recently.

I know that Jackie/DookNook is there but she is trying desperately to
downsize, as many of us are. The shelter operated through West End
Animal Clinic in Newberry FL has also downsized tremendously. I don't
know of any others nearby.

Does anyone know of any reputable ferret shelters/rescues close to
Jacksonville, FL? If so, please send me the contact information
off-list. I would like some sort of recommendation by ferret owners,
preferably someone I know. I don't want to refer anyone to AC that I
can't personally recommend.

TIA
Katharine