From:
"J. Luis Lujan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2009 16:45:34 -0500
My 7+ y/o female ferret got ill 2 days ago. She was a little lethargic
and showing mild signs of muscle weakness (hind legs). This morning
she is not moving at all and we found blood on her blanket. She has
been eating less that normal and she is skinny. She is not drooling.
We just came back from a 3 week trip during which she stayed at a
friend's house. She seemed fine until 2 days ago.

Do you know of a vet in the Cleveland area who has experience with
ferrets and is not expensive? (we are in a very tight financial
situation at the moment). We don't have a ferret-knowledgeable vet
anymore and can't seem to find one in our area (the fact that is the
weekend doesn't help either).

Should I give her pred in the mean time? Where can I get some? Any
help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help. God bless.

Luis