From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2008 16:52:46 -0400
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to make a quick post to report not one but two recent
mass-media ferret sightings! One: the current issue of Cosmopolitan
magazine, using a picture of two cuddled-up ferrets in a love-advice
article (something about "animal magnetism"),
and two: a commercial for Bagelfuls (filled cream-cheese bagel
thingies) in which two women are in an elevator and one has a ferret
wearing a rhinestone collar in a front pack and she (the woman) is
eating a Bagelful. The other woman starts asking all sorts of questions
about the ferret, like "oh, I've seen those on TV but never in person,
are they nice?", and the one with the ferret answers them like she's
asking about the snack. It ends with her asking "where do you get
them" and getting the answer "in the freezer section!"

Silly, but both portray ferrets in a pretty sweet and positive light,
which is refreshing to see. Just had to mention it!

Rachel, Eddie, and Pukka, who is hanging in there and thanks you all
for your kind words and concern.