Date:
Sun, 4 May 2008 13:01:32 -0400
I was horrified to see it recommended to look in the pool section for
DE. FOOD GRADE is the only DE that you should use with your pets. A
simple google search would of found sites about using DE in pets and
they all stress FOOD GRADE ONLY. If it doesn't say FOOD GRADE don't use
it. A very good example of how it pays to do some research for yourself
before using or giving anything to your pets.

Since I am posting I will take this time to say I have been ferretless
since January. I lost my last ferret, 9 1/2 year old Tino, to lymphoma.
He had been diagnosed almost a year before with lymphoma and adrenal
disease and surprised both me and the vet for making it almost another
year. The only treatment we used was one melatonin implant. When the
cancer spread quickly in a front let bone I knew it was time.
Incidentally I lost my other ferret Simon last year at 9 years of age.
Neither had any health problems until the last year of their lives
and neither had been vaccinated over 1 year of age. Draw your own
conclusions on that.

   ~Amy~