From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2008 09:34:58 -0400
October 2008
Master Largo's News

Possum Senior Reporter
Ziggy Reporter of a higher order
Andy watching from Rainbow Bridge

Possum here: Okay you can turn down the calendar any time now! It is
October already and that means that in just 4 weeks mum is going to be
going away to the international Ferret congress symposium. If you are
not sighed up you better get it done soon or you're going to be left
out! Go here to see what, where and when.

http://www.ferretcongress.org/

Miss Stephanie is going with mum; she will keep mum going in the right
direction. Miss Cathy R is going to come stay with us. I am going to
sneak in mum's bag and go too.

Suzie Q here: No! You are not!

Possum here: am too!

Suzie Q here: Possum the symposium is not for fur kids, only sick kids
get to go that need to stay with their moms while they are there, you
are not sick! Well you are not physically sick, you're a fuzz brain
but you are not sick!

Possum here: Mum tell Suzie q to stop picking on me!

Mum here: Okay girls let's get going with the news you have lots to
cover and we need it to be out this weekend because some of the stuff
is for next weekend. As for going to the symposium mum is working that
weekend not on vacation, she is an IFC committee member she helps with
the vendors so she needs to be able to take care of their needs NOT
yours Possum so you will need to stay home and help Miss Cathy take
care of the shelter.

Suzie Q here: See! Told you fuzz brain! Now I am going to tell some
news while you go find a corner to pout! Miss Mindy H. has been helping
mum get her web site up to date and looking GOOOOOOOOOD! Go see what
she has been doing for us. <http://www.ferretfarm.org/>
Miss Kristie got mum's picture program fixed so mum can make the
pictures fit on the web. Thanks you guys you have mum doing the happy
dance! Then Miss Cathy R. picked up Master Luke to have him fixed (he
was sick) and then she decided he needed to stay at her house to live.
So Master Luke is now in a new 4-ever home! Miss Donna D. Miss Cathy D.
came to help mum get the yard and summer stuff all put away for the
winter, so now mum is all ready for winter outside; now we are working
on the inside. Then Mr. Peter showed up and he helped mum get the
inside caught up, helped mum get some things moved into the house that
mum could not do herself. Miss Mindy came for a day to help mum too,
she brought lots and lots of papers. Mum says we are so lucky to have
so many shelter friends that come help mum take care of us and the
things that need doing around here. Good thing it is cooling off
outside cause one day when Miss Donna D. was here helping mum in the
play room she found the AC unit burning up! There was black smoke
coming out of it and making our room all stinky. Mum said the angels
were watching over us because she was home and Miss Donna caught it
before it started our house on fire!

Possum here: heeello I am the senior reporter I am supposed to do the
news more than you; ya know!

Suzie Q here: All done pouting and out of your corner huh? Well go for
it then fuzz brain!

Possum here: stop that! I am not a fuzz brain; I am smart, energetic,
athletic and beautiful Suz! Okay, the ferret club is having a Halloween
party here at the shelter; everybody is coming to see me and to play
with us kids. Well the humans are going to have food and fun too, but
mostly they are coming to see me! So if you want to come to the party
it is Saturday October 11, noon till. We are having an auction, lots
of food and fun with us fur kids. If it is not to hot or cold mum said
maybe we will get to go out to play in the play yard. Mum is getting to
be a chunky monkey again, so don't be bringing her any special food!
Miss Donna boughted her a triple chocolate gluten free tiny cake
yesterday, like mum needs that on her daily diet! Mum says yuuuummmmmm!
I say; oh brother now she is going to have to jump harder to get into
her jeans!

Suzie Q here: Possum you are getting real close to being taken off this
news by mum if you are not careful! You know you are not supposed to be
telling things about mum like that!

Possum here: Okay! You guys have been busy buying stuff though
iGive.com mum got a check for $52.74 this week. Thanks everybody! Our
favorite doc says thanks too cause that is where mum puts that money
when it comes in. you guys are awesome helpen mum take care of us that
way. You were also out looking at our pictures 128 of you saw our
pictures this month! Mr. Dave L. from New Jersey came to our house to
drop off lots and lots of things for us shelter kids, he scared mum,
she was hanging up laundry out on the line when he walked up behind
her.; She jumped! Thanks Mr. Dave for thinking of us! You sure are a
great shelter friend!

Suzie Q here: Okay motor mouth my turn to add some news, then we need
to get this closed and mailed out so the humans that want to go to the
symposium or the party here, have time to make arrangements to do so.
Mum got an email from a person in Jersey City NJ telling her they had
a ferret that needed a home. So mum gots in touch with Miss Angie H.
cause she lives in Jersey City mum asked Miss Angie if she could go get
this kid for her. Miss Angie said yep she would get it done, mum was
hoping that Miss Angie would fall in love with this fur kid so he had
a new 4-ever home. She did, so Ziggy is living with Miss Angie! Thanks
Miss Angie for saving a fur kid for mum! Mum says she has had to turn
away 49 fur babies so far this year. So many fur kids needing a home
and mum just can not take them; we are stuffed to the max here at the
shelter! Oh! Oh the raffle Miss Cathy R. put together for us... Take
a look at the winners!!!

The winners of the Heat the Ferrets Fund are:

Raffle #1 Angie C.
Raffle #2 Lee W.
Raffle #3 Mindy H.
Raffle #4 Katherine C.

Possum and I want to thank all of you for helpen us get some heat in
our shelter. Miss Sue B is working on a new campaign picture for our
web site, so keep watch for that. Okay mum says it is time to close
this news.

Possum here: Not a fuzz brain! Byeeee for now .

Suzie Q here: until next month

Lakeroad Ferret Farm Rescue/shelter
www.ferretfarm.org

International Ferret Congress Vendor Coordinator
<http://ferretcongress.org/>

Petfinder Page
<http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/NY559.html>

Shelter Video