From:
hockey chica <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2008 08:14:41 -0700
>I have the 1st edition, and was wondering what are the main
>differences or updates in the 2nd edition?

Risa,

I have loaned out my first edition of Ferrets for Dummies, so cannot
list the differences for certain, but I know that some things popped
out at me

1) pictures - the glossy pictures show colorings of ferrets. Ooh, yes,
shiny, glossy, must look at these first...

2) Diet - this was totally redone (I think). More emphasis (imho) on
feeding more natural foods as opposed to kibble, even if once or twice
a week. Also she created scale: diet, snack, treat, taste that rates
foods on whether they were OK for a diet, snack, treat, or taste. It's
hard to explain, but let's say your ferret jumps up on your end table
and takes a lick of an Oreo cookie crumb. Is he going to die? no, since
all he had was a TASTE, he isn't getting oreos as a snack, treat, or
diet. I wish this scale was easier to find, since I needed to look
something up the other day, and had difficulty finding it.

3) Health - this was updated, too, but I can't pinpoint specific
entries. But adrenal and insulinoma were discussed, and had more
current info.