From:
AarrowRanch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2008 15:46:02 -0400
Peekaboo has now become a real problem. She has discovered that if she
digs hard enough in the corners of the seat cushions between the back
or sides of the furniture she can burrow inside.

She did this while I was on the couch laying down watching TV, I nearly
suffocated her when she came up under the cushion I was laying on. I
felt the movement, got up and got her out of there but she was really
in there hard and all but could not get out. In fact if I had not been
there to help her she would not have.

She kind of learned her lesson on that one but has now attacked two
other couches and she gets so embedded inside I have to disassemble
the furniture to get her out. This is not at all good. I have sprayed
bitter apple on all of it, that helps allot but does not stop it by any
means. Am at a loss of how to stop that other than keeping her in the
cage 24x7 or watching her every instant of any out time she may have.

Pester is just fine. She gets into all kinds of things, typical ferret
but she does not get into the furniture but I really am hoping she does
not learn that trick, and it seems she is beginning to learn that too
which will be insanely terrible for me and them too.

Ferrets give us so much joy and laughter but at the same time they will
p***s you off over and over. Just if you have one you have to expect
this where that is the nature of the animal. In time I will figure out
something that will work for us each.

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester.

J. Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow-Ranch Aviation