Date:
Thu, 15 May 2008 10:50:59 -0400
>We have an 8 month old girl who is deaf and she keeps digging all her
>food out of her dish.
>
>Does anyone know how to train her not to do this?

Ah, what smart a__ answers can we come up for this one? How 'bout:
Tell her no, and ask her ala Dr Phil, "How's this workin' for ya".
While she is taken off guard and thinking about that, then reason with
her and explain that this upsets daddy. That the more work she creates
for you, the less time you'll have to play with her. Tell her that she
is only making things harder on herself having to search for the food
after she flings it all over. Most importantly ask why she is "really"
doing this. Maybe it's her parents fault. Maybe her mother didn't dook
enough to her and nurture her feelings of not always getting the first
teet. Was her mother an addict? Ferretonaholics are common nowadays
unfortunately. In some cases, this can sadly also be a sign of deeper
addiction problems. These junky's will hoard and hide raisons. Then
in the darkness of night, dig them out after they have fermented. The
result is an experience similar to an LSD trip where they hear Jimmy
Hendrix in their heads, see tinsel crinkle balls spinning around, and
think they are floating through the air like SuperTonks. Maybe the
problem is much deeper. Is this a Freudian thing? I mean, is she in
search for something she is lacking in life? Is she looking for a
deeper meaning to tube running? Or is she ... Oh wait a minute ...
she's deaf. Okay then tell her: [waving my hands and fingers
erratically in the air in ASL].

Or you can just fill the bowl up enough for a days worth of food so
she's not as tempted to dig it out, and so if she does dig it out,
you don't have so much to pick up.

I'll send you a bill ...