From:
Nancy Herring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2008 00:02:31 -0500
Ticks are thriving at this time of year. Actually, ticks are becoming
more of a year round problem in most parts of the US. I did not look
up "tick borne diseases in ferrets" on the Internet yesterday, but I
did spend several hours researching "tick borne diseases in dogs" after
returning from our vet's office with our sick dog. Believe me, it is a
lot cheaper on the pocketbook and easier on the soul to use Frontline
as a preventative than to go through what we are going through now. We
were going to put Frontline on the dogs, but we procrastinated until
yesterday when we took one very sick dog to the vet. You know, some
ticks can cause a dog to get sick in as little as six hours after
attaching. And some ticks are no bigger than the dot at the end of this
sentence. So please, be careful with any animals that go outdoors and
remember that you can bring ticks in to the house if you like to go for
walks through the woods or grassy areas. Lymes disease, just one of the
many diseases carried by ticks, affects both humans and animals; so
spray your pants' legs lightly with OFF or something similar before
you expose yourself.

Lately, when I have been getting on the Internet I have remembered to
use Goodsearch.com as my search engine and have entered "support our
shelters" on the charity line. I know that a penny a search isn't much
but it does add up, especially if we all do it when we go to the
Internet.

God give you all wisdom in caring for your furry friends.
Nancy