Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 5 May 2008 12:18:15 -0400
From:
Lucie Darkes <[log in to unmask]>
Hello all,

Marley, who is 3.5 years old, had a mass removed from one of his back
legs last week. The mass was about 1 cm in diameter. He had a recheck
with our vet today and we received the biopsy results, Leiomyosarcoma.
The pathologist included these comments: "Neoplastic cells extend to
the deep margin of the specimen. This is as grade 1 (low grade)
leiomyosarcoma. These neoplasms are characterized by local infiltration
and recurrence but rare metastasis. Consultation with an oncologist
may be helpful." Our next step of course, is the consultation with
oncology. I wanted to find out as much as possible about this type
of cancer and its treatment in ferrets. If any of you have had any
experiences with this or any information to share, I would greatly
appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Lucie

               @-"-@
           o00 -\o/- 00o