From:
Kait Mayszak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2008 02:33:17 +0000
I have recently taken in a ferret from a friend to try and break a
nasty biting habit. This guy was part of the big Ohio rescue and
was a breeder ferret for 2 years if his life where he had no human
interaction. Even after the rescue, he has had very little interaction
with humans and doesn't seen to be at all fond of them. He a very big
beautiful boy who is guessed to be about 3 and was just neutered 3
months ago. I have worked with biters in the past but this guy is a
BITER. He bites harder then any other ferret I've known and doesn't let
go for anything. He's drawn blood several times on me. I've tried a
few different techniques but nothing has worked yet. I've tried bitter
apple and it doesn't faze him. The only way I am able to handle him
is with gloves which he has come very close to biting through. I am
looking for any advice I can get. I am willing to work with him and
help him break this habit, I just need to know what to do next. I
really want him to trust and people and
give him a good home.

Thank you!
Kait