From:
Roberta McCanse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2008 10:25:46 -0500
The Kansas City Ferreteers will meet Saturday, May 10, at 3 PM, at
the shelter (Bobbi's house, 904 E. 28th St). Call 816-842-3707 for
directions. We have some great ferrets needing temporary foster or
permanent homes so come and see who is here.

We have 3 little sable girls that were rescued by a family after having
been dumped at a pet store, very dehydrated and malnourished. They are
doing well, very small, probably around a year old.

We also have a pair taken from a domestic abuse situation, given up to
ensure their safety. They are older and the little girls needs lots of
love and extra nutrition. He male buddy had adrenal surgery last week
but has lots of energy.

"Little Ring Tail", a beatiuful DEW, about a year old, and "Baby", 18
mo., dark sable, are still here. If someone would like a challenge,
"Ashes", who bites if held for more than 10 seconds (just long enough
to give her a kiss), still needs a home. "Hoss" will likely go to live
in St. Joe with Carolyn. And there are others who have special needs,
so come on down! We will have cake from Costco.

PS: We are looking for a reliable house sitter for the summer as we
will be building our earth home in Montana. There are cats, dogs, fish,
and a bird here in addition to the ferrets. Wouldn't this be a great
vacation for someone?

Bobbi McC