Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:29:03 EDT
We all know that a hostile deaf ferret that has been abused must be
treated most gently. Slow movements, consistent interactions, no rough
stuff.

It has been such an interesting adventure with Buffy. I have had to
run or be hurt. I have had to pick her up quickly or be badly bitten.
All the rules were not going so well.

Now the one I did not have to break has been broken. I never had to
play roughly with her.

I have a very large plastic bag and I was throwing my babies from it
onto the large lamb skin rug in a gently low to the rug way. Suddenly,
Buffy was up, and leaping on me. She looks similar to 2 others. I swept
her up in my hands, quickly placed her in the bag, and out she came
with the others. They all ran, bounced, chortled, and flew through
near by tubes, then came back for more.

So did Buffy!!

I had to move my hands swiftly, but up she went again and again with
the others. She leaped with joy, for Gosh sakes.

I would swiftly do that football holding move, then kiss the back of
her head each time so she might perceive that I was not trying to hurt
her in any way. She had a great time.

She ran around me, leaping in the air, grabbing onto my shirt with her
teeth, and did other things to make me understand that we have lots of
work ahead of us. But I see her as having a great deal of energy,and
enjoying our interaction.

She ended up running off somewhere to sleep with a few others instead
of trying to nail me with her dying last breath.

I do not urge another soul to do this. This is just bizarre.

She JUST woke up in HERE. She tried biting my feet and legs. I picked
her up, and she did the biting down harder and harder on my fingers.
But I carried her into another room kissing the back of her head, and
set up down. She did not lunge for me!

She JUST came back in to bite me. It took all these seconds for her to
decide to attack me. OR maybe she just wants attention. Whatever...the
attack signal is not always flashing in her head today.

All of you with your ferrets so like Buffy must end up feeling very
bonded after all the effort and attempts.