Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 00:09:32 -0700
Hi Folks,

My internet has been hit and miss over the past few weeks and I've
missed some passings. If you have lost a fuzzy and would like to light
a memorial candle on our memorial page, please email Kat the ferret's
name, date of passing and the ferret's human name.

Foot update: Sigh....the screws are out but I am still gimping around
with alot of pain in my heel, at this point reasons unknown. Doc says
I am more "ouchy" than most. Ouchy....hmmmmm. yeah. I guess you could
call nail gun sensations, overall firey pain that goes up your leg and
cramps that cause your toes to lock.... "Ouchy".

I'm planning our spring fundraisers which will include flower bulb
sales and a raffle for two of Eleanor Mead's beautiful hand crafted
ferret statues. Details will be posted later in the week. I have to
figure out how to post the flower bulb sheet on the web site as the
company doesn't have an electronic copy. This is a wonderful fundraiser
as the company donates 50% of the proceeds to us and the flower bulbs
are in expensive and produce beautiful flowers year after year. A nice
idea for your ferret burial area maybe?

Also have some adorable videos coming up on You Tube of the ferrets
and their Easter baskets. Hysterical. I've never done Easter baskets
before and they were certainly a hit. They immediately snatched up
all the N Bones that stuck prominently in the tuft of plastic grass.
When those were gone (and stolen from anyone too slow to ward off
N Bone predators), they dug for the other goodies scattered through the
basket. Nakita took great delight in being the toy hog and Dakota and
Dominic captured the handicapped ocotopus egg I crocheted the night
before. It was Christmas in March. I found these really cool jelly bean
shaped eggs at the dollar store that open easily and filled them with
Pounce treats. Even the elderly kids found the day interesting enough
to meander out of their favorite snuggle sacks.

Kimberly Fox
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-tilesoflove.html Fundraiser page