From:
Susie Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2008 07:57:06 -0500
This is Susie Lee with The Ferret & Dove Sanctuary, Inc. in Pensacola,
Florida.

We have a group of 4 ferrets all turned in together from yet another
military family being transferred who are ready for adoption, who have
had their tests and shots. They were turned in by a military family who
had not been 'supposed to have pets' while living on base, so from fear
of any reprisals, not even their original names were given. So we
started over for them with "eenie, meenie, minie, moe"...literally! :)
Here's the run-down on the four...

Eenie Eabrizio is a fine dark-eyed white boy, around a year old very
gentle-natured, superb "kisser".

Meenie Mei-Mei is the boss-ette of this group, almost a roan mitt
female who is a "den-defender", she will nip at any hand invading the
cage or 'den', but Not nip if you just open the cage and let her come
out with the others.

Minie Miyoshi DEW Marvelle is a genuinely gorgeous little dark eyed
white lady with a perfect black nose. Now SHE might win awards at shows
for her looks if anyone took her to any shows. Beautifully photogenic.
Also content to let "Meenie" be the boss.

Moe Cinnamon Clancy is a lovely cinnamon-colored male, older than the
other three 'younger'-sters, vet-guessed at around 3 to 5 years. Enjoys
eating and sleeping. When let out with his buddies, he will roam and
sniff for exactly 2 minutes and then do his level best to try to get
back into their cage. (he sez..."Now. C'mon, PLEASE lemme back in,
now!" Awww, just LOOK at this sad-sack look he's giving ya, can't you
let him back in, NOW?)

Their pictures are on the pet-list scrollers at these two sites...
http://ferretanddovesanctuary.petfinder.com
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html

Now, the other 2 ferrets just came in yesterday evening, rescued from
out of a dangerously hot shed in Mobile County, Alabama so we had to
break out no non-military-intakes rule for the ferrets' sakes, but for
them it was a genuine emergency.

They're okay, now, in comfy indoor air conditioning and a three-level
cage with fine Crafty Weasel bedding (the best). Their names are
Diamond Lilla, a champagne colored lady, and Kenny Kutiepie, a small
sable male with adrenal symptoms including some hair loss. I'll put
their pictures on the pet lists once they've had their rabies shots and
are cleared for adoption. We need cash in the ferrets' account to get
their up-to-date shots; Thanks to our main vet at Ferry Pass Animal
Hospital, who will see any of our animals in emergency circumstances,
the ferrets got their initial exams and testing, but we still have to
get them their rabies shots before we either allow them to mingle with
the other shelter ferrets or adopt them out.

****So PUL-LEEZE support the Crafty Weasels raffle!
The raffle page is at http://www.craftyweasels.com/raffle.php
(Some people reported trouble directly to that link so you can always
go to http://www.craftyweasels.com and click on the "spring raffle"
link on the left hand side of the page if you have trouble.)

You can find out more details on payment options and the raffle time
frame there.****Ferrets here are turning their big brown eyes on us
and tuning up the ol' violins and we're broke! Whoa, baby, they're
playing them fiddles fit for a fiddly ferrets' worth! I'm going
banannas, i tell ya! Yeah, you know it's true, I'm already long gone!