From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 07:13:37 -0400
Dear Frret Folks,

Just read Inge's post about air quality and protecting ferret lungs.

This is the perfect time for all the smokers in the group to QUIT!!!!
I cannot stress enough, do not smoke around your ferrets, not in the
next room, the cellar, anywhere. They have enough problems without
your second hand smoke.

And, scrub your hands like you were going into surgery - I have had
the experience of taking a ferret from a smoker and it would not eat
because I did not have that "Smoke smell" on my hands. It killed me,
but I had to buy a package of cigarettes, burn them into an ashtray,
save the ashes and rub them on my fingers. The ferret was weaned from
the smoke, and I am still here, so I guess I recovered. I did it for
the ferrets.

You all say you do it for the ferrets, now is the time to rise up and
put feet under your "do it for the ferrets" words.

Please quit today - if not for yourself, quit for the ferrets.

Marilyn