Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 18:38:35 -0400
I made many friends attending meetings of the Maine Ferret Club,
meetings were always fun and informational. I miss attending them
tremendously.

I now want to say "Thank You" to the members of the Maine Ferret Club
who taught me how to say Ferret in ASL (American Sign Language). They
were a wonderful diverse group and at the meetings there were just as
many conversations going in ASL as there were spoken ones. Well, my
dear friends taught me how to "say" Ferret (make a circle with thumb
and fore-finger and dance it in the air from right to left).

At my Red Cross post in our local Hurricane Exercise on Tuesday, I sat
across from an individual whose company provides ASL translators during
an emergency. I very proudly shared my limited (one sign) knowledge of
ASL and when he stopped laughing, he said I had just signed "flying
a**hole".

Apparently my wonderful deaf and hearing ferret friends were having a
bit of a joke with me. And I fell for it. I swear this individual was
still laughing at me Wednesday evening.

So dear friends, know that even three years later your fun continues
on.

Roberta