From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 13:41:00 -0400
Nan wrote:
>a friend of mine almost lost her two dogs who had gotten into a bag
>of Rasins. Dogs are ok now, after spending 3 days at the vet's
>office.....

Yes, acute kidney failure has been documented in ferrets by two vets
(See about getting a copy of the back issue of Ferrets Magazine with
their article for ferret people.) and has been documented in cats and
dogs as well. Most of the work is in dogs.

A wide range of possible causes has been studied so far trying to find
the reason behind this.

In the FML Header people will find the archives address and using
those will provide more data. There may also be some in the separate
FHL Archives address in my signature lines.

For info on some other causes of poisoning in ferrets:

http://ferrethealth.org/archive/FHL4653

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: