Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:37:18 -0500
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has
attended an AFA show this year. I am not only thanking those who
support and attend the shows AFA hosts, but also for those who attend
the shows put on by the other great ferret clubs, shelters, and groups
who hold AFA sanctioned events. THANK YOU!

Now I would like to announce some of the achievements for those ferrets
and their owners who participate in AFA shows. I would like all AFA
show attendees to please review the list and if I have missed someone,
I am sorry. Please let me know at jbferret @ mindspring.com (no spaces)
as soon as you can so I can fix the mistake.

The following ferrets have achieved the title of Gold in their AFA
showing career:

Wesley Amrine - FSF's Gold Dust
Barbara Anshutz - FFP's Princess Mittsy
Ann Barzda - HCF's Braveheart
Julie Bender - SH's Burning Man of GFX,  GFX Shockwave
Mary Bologansky - MMF's Flying Fortune, DM's Surprise in Disguise
Barbara Carlson - FFP's Loki Motion
Susan George - RN's Hawk's Eye of DLF,  PFH's Navarre of DLF
Sally Heber - SH's FireBrand, SH's Night Sky, SH's Royal FireBolt (the
Prince)
Beth Bowles - RN's Herkimer
Dr. Ruth Heller - RN's Hot Salty Nuts
Kelly Hermann - FF's Kamots
Tara Liebert - RN's Gandalf
Shelly McAllister - FF's Koda Bear, FF's Little Petal Pudge
Mary McCarty-Houser - JBF's Meritage of NB, NB's Zovia Rain
Vickie McKimmey - JBF's Cocomocha, JBF's Malibu Moonshine, JBF's
Typhoon (Ty)
Jessie Molan - JBF's der Valkerie of FP, JBF's Kosmos of FP, TF's
Midori of FP, FSF's Sonic Energy of FP
Mike & Arita Morrett - SLF's Ink Spot, FTN's Shayla of SLF
Kisten Palm - SWPF's Captain Jack Sparrow of PF, FSF's Samis Aran of PF
Nancy Park - FTN's Mr. Rex
Chris Sayne - DSS's Daytona of FFP, SHD's Dookter Dre of FFP, FFP's
Talladega
Billy & Tammy Sickley - FNS's Aston Martini
Laura Williams - PUYD's Korbel
Paula Woodland - WWW's B.T.

The following companion ferrets have achieved the title of Platinum in
their AFA showing career:

Mick & Gina Cliffe - Holly
Jessie Molan - OhYouCheeky Monkey, Takei
Christian Palm - Kitfisto of PF
Chris Sayne - Bailey
Kathleen Stewart - PJ
Sandra & Angela Wagner - Hardy

Congratulations to all the ferrets and their owners! Certificates will
be presented at the start of the AFA Spring Nationals Ferret
Competition on March 29th in York, PA.

The following ferrets are in the running for the AFA's most prestigious
awards - Ferret of the Year! The 2007 Ferret of the Year finalists
follow (in alpha order by ferret name):

Adolescent Class:
JBF's Easy Rider owned by Vickie McKimmey
JBF's My Black Market Fendi owned by Mary McCarty
GFX's Slap Shot of HTF owned by Kerry Fabrizio

Alter Class:
SH's FireBrand owned by Sally Heber
JTA's Odie of FPWC owned by Susan Mentzer and Joe Hahn
FFP's Tippy owned by Kathleen Stewart

Breeder Class:
SH's Fire Walk With Me of GFX owned by Julie Bender
HCF's Phantom of the Night of FSF owned by Kay Amrine
GFX's Pyrokinetic owned by Julie Bender

Companion Class:
Chevy owned by Penny Hendrix and Roland Schalker
Holly owned by Mick and Gina Cliffe
OhYouCheeky Monkey owned by Jessie Molan

I know who the winners are, don't you want to too! Winners will be
announced and each presented with their own engraved plaque at the
AFA Spring Nationals! Be there and take part in all the excitement!

Vickie

Vickie McKimmey

Director of Shows and Special Events
American Ferret Association, Inc.