From:
donna rhodes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:04:19 -0800
I have several very vocal ferrets. My one jill, in particular will dook
and chuckle constantly when she's not happy. She is the mother hen of
them all, and when she can't find another ferret, or a toy....she let's
me know! If a ferret has to stay at the vet, she dooks non stop until
they come home again.

One of my males dooks at the other ferrets as a greeting, always dooks
when he goes up to another ferret.

They all dook when playing, some more than others. I have noticed that
ferrets that have never been very vocal before will become much more
vocal when housed with a vocal ferret.

I have a ferret that " coos" when he's near his love interest..he
sounds just like a bird , very sweet.

I would love to see a study done on their vocalizations, because there
are very distinct sounds for different occasions. All are good!! Donna