From:
Melanee Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2008 08:57:55 -0800
Start by searching our listing of adoptable ferrets a
laneferrets.petfinder.com
Click on the picture of one that melts your heart, then click the
“Sponsor Me Make a Donation” button in the upper right corner of the
Pet Notes page of that pet. Your contribution of just $10 will help
us pay for needed veterinary care, food, bedding, and other necessary
items at the shelter.

Contributions are collected and distributed to Lane Area Ferret Lovers
Ferret Shelter by the Petfinder.com Foundation and are tax deductible
as the law allows. We are notified of the donations received and donor
contact information (only if given permission by the donor), so we can
monitor which pets are "sponsored" and acknowledge the donation. If the
ferret you would like to sponsor is no longer available for adoption or
receives numerous sponsorships, we may apply the donations received to
ongoing needs for other pets currently in our care.

The Petfinder.com Foundation and Petfinder.com partnership is unique
in that it supports the animal adoption organizations and the homeless
pets at a local, direct level.

The Sponsor-a-Pet program is a great way to help one or more animals
who need help.

If you would like more information or to sponsor animals in other
shelters, please click on the <click to learn more> link at the bottom
of the Sponsor Me button.

Please contact me directly if you need any further information about
the Sponsor-a-Pet for Lane Area Ferret Lovers ferrets.

Thanks!

Melanee Ellis
Shelter Manager
Lane Area Ferret Lovers
Ferret Shelter and Rescue

P.S. Save the date: The 2008 Ferret Agility Trials is on September 14,
2008, 10am -4pm at Richardson Park, Junction City, Oregon. Hope to see
you there!

[Posted in FML 5872]

=========================================================================Date:    Sun, 3 Feb 2008 11:38:27 -0500
From:    Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: ATTN: Shelters, Rescues, Bikers: Bikers Against Animal Cruelty Rodeo - July 12, 2008

A new group based in New Haven, CT, Bikers Against Animal Cruelty, is
going to hold their first annual Bikers Against Animal Cruelty Bike
Rodeo in Glastonbury, CT on July 12, 2008 (rain or shine).

"Through this event we are hoping to raise public awareness and of
course, raise funds to help victims of these crimes. We would love it
if you and your organization would join in and attend our event. We
are asking only a $20.00 donation for table space. Rescue and shelter
tables will be away from the areas most congested with motorcycles, but
we feel it is best that only animals able to handle noise are brought
with you. Bring your shelter/rescue information, adoption information,
educate the public, raise funds, and have fun! All proceeds will go to
help victims of neglect and cruelty."

Karen Balko of Yesterday's Kittens has arranged for at least one,
possibly two if needed buses to house any adoptable animals brought
to the event.

If interested, please contact Karen at
[log in to unmask] for additional information.

The Ferret Association of Connecticut is planning to attend. We hope
other area groups choose to participate, as we never know who this
event may draw! And if you ride, it sounds like a great way to spend
the day with like minded folks! I will be meeting some of these folks
next Saturday at a Petco Information Day in Clinton, CT.

Ann Gruden
President,
Ferret Association of Connecticut