From:
"JULIAN, JOHN C (ATTSI)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2008 15:48:02 -0400
>1. How much of an inconvenience is the height...?

I cut down the bottom shelf so I no longer had a shelf but still had
the wheels.

>2. Does the additional weight from a third level affect the castors
>or leg stability over time?

Depends on the type of floor. Carpet might be unstable.

>3. How stable is this height, do they tip over and does having
>rambunctious ferrets in the top level effect stability?

If the floor is level rambunctious ferrets wouldn't be a problem.

>4. Has anyone devised a way to hang hammies on the left side of the
>cage...?

I put key rings in the top wire at the sides and middle. It's easy to
use shower hooks to them. The hammy is about the level of the shelf.

>5. Got any other points that I may want to be aware of?

I put a plastic box with lid on the shelf with a piece of 4 inch pvc as
the entrance at the ramp. The ferrets love the enclosed darkness. The
pvc restricts the light more than just a hole.

John Julian