From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2008 13:31:15 -0400
Given how often ferrets can have lung problems this looks to be a
viable option due to total lack of VOCs. We need to also find
performance data on it since it's definitely of interest to us and
may help someone here have a safer home.

<http://www.metaefficient.com/paint/innovative-zero-voc-paint-to-be-sold-at-home-depot.html>

[Moderator's note: The above link used to work, but it's now broken.
As of now, it's listed here: http://www.metaefficient.com/paint  BIG]

VOCs are Volatile Organic Compounds and here is some info on them:

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/voc.html

http://toxics.usgs.gov/definitions/vocs.html

http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/indoorair/voc/index.htm

Health effects:

If you search in Google Books (a segment of Google search) for

"VOCs" +veterinary

it will pull up page 268 of
Veterinary Toxicology: Basic and Clinical Principles By Ramesh Chandra
Gupta
My eyes are not good enough to read that since it is both small and
fuzzy for me from scratch, but yours may be or the enlargement may
work for you.

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/voc.html#Health%20Effects

http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/indoorair/voc/vocs.pdf

Sukie (not a vet)