From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:47:33 -0500
The first Rainbow Ferret got adopted today to Nancy in La. She is a
little blind girl that won Nancy's heart while she was here and we
were willing to meet her half way when Rainbow Robin was ready to go.
Pictures are on the album of this uniting -
<http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff149/milliesa2003/Rainbow%20Action%20Figures/>
isn't it wonderful - saving her from the life she was going to live
EVEN being blind - she is only 1 1/2 and was to be "breeding stock".

Here is the comment Nancy made when she got home:

"Millie I had to write!!! She is playing and dooking all over the
place! She is having so much fun! I am so glad we were able to get
together so I could get this little girl!!...When she is in the light I
can really see the cataracts as she does have them -- and she does bump
into a few things of course but she is having sooo much fun right now!"

I have received several emails of those falling in love with some of
these kids. Of course, we all want them to go to private homes but we
want you to understand these are a little different than the ferrets
you buy from the stores. They stayed whole a whole lot longer. They
are big hulks, will probably lose some of that size when they are
fixed, but they are big hardy ferrets and how they socialize with other
ferrets only time can tell. I will be traveling to the vet EVERY DAY
for the next 3 or 4 weeks - they will spay the emergencies first (those
girls in full blown heat, one is even estrogen toxic already). Next
will do the boys at 5 per day (only 18). And then back to 3 gals per
day till the 43 is done. The distemper vaccines have just arrived,
again thank you SOS, and will receive their first shot Sat and their

All ferrets will be vaccinated, spayed/neutered, and microchipped
before they leave. Those wanting to adopt can contact me privately
for an adoption application and we will see what we can do about
transportation.

Those rescues that are willing to take some must furnish a vet
reference and a couple of personal references from someone who has
visited your rescue. Hope you all don't think the rules are too strict.
We are taking what steps we can to make sure none of these ferrets will
EVER be used for breeding again, try to make sure they will not go to a
worse place than where they have been, and that they go on to be a real
symbol of what the ferret community can do.

I feel everyone who gets one of these little darlings is going to be
very proud of their little boy or girl.

Millie and her Cleaning Crew
www.Txferretrescue.org