From:
Trish Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2008 12:57:35 -0700
Thanks to everyone who emailed me for the duck soup recipes and soft
ferret diet ideas. There were so many replies privately I was very
thankful for all the support. Bowser is doing better, but his appetite
hasn't perked up that much. He only really wants to each twice a day,
I'm trying to get him on a 3x a day hand feeding schedule. It's hard
for me to syringe feed all the time with my baby and my new job. I am
starting as a nanny for a couple different families and it keeps me
away from home for large parts of the day. His weight is ok and the
meds are working. I can tell that his stools are much better and he
looks happier. It's been so sad because when it rains it pours. Right
now I noticed that Hannah has some new hair loss on her tail. It seems
she lost quite a bit in the last 2 weeks. I guess this is the start of
adrenal disease (she's 5 yrs old). I am watching her for now and plan
to take her to the vet as soon as I can. I will need to save up some
cash so I can pay the $100 or so it will cost. I do have a question -

What test do they do to test for adrenal disease?

If it is adrenal and we decide not to have surgery is Lupron sufficient
medication to control it?

I know it's kind of vague and I plan to go on the FHL soon. Right now I
have to feed my son, get him down for his nap, and get ready for my job
tonight that starts at 6PM.

~Trish