From:
silverfert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2008 01:55:30 +0000
Hi All -

Renee first posted about this and here is the most recent link she
provided:
<http://www.cnjonline.com/news/ferret_27725___article.html/center_owner.html>

This little girl doesn't belong in a zoo any more than a cat or dog
does. I know you all know this and I'm thinking if you post comments,
appropriate and factual ones, nothing heated or nasty, that *maybe*
they will reconsider. I've pasted the link at the bottom of my post but
you do have to register with the newspaper in order to post a comment.

I spoke with someone at the city shelter today but it didn't do any
good and I was informed that she now legally belongs to the zoo. That
she will be used for educational purposes, etc. The guy remarked that
she is an animal, pet or not, and the zoo is the best place for her.
He was also impressed that the story had made it all the way to
California. I bit my tongue on both counts.

Here's the link to post comments to (you have to click "comments" in
the upper left corner):
<http://www.cnjonline.com/news/ferret_27761___article.html/animal_zoo.html#slComments>

Also, any ideas are welcome. I just hate the thought of her being there
for the rest of her life. I'm thinking about calling the police officer
in charge on Monday, but I also don't want to do more harm than good.

Thanks.