From:
Roberta McCanse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:35:06 -0500
The Kansas City Ferret Hotline and Shelter (AKA the Ferreteers) is
seeking people locally who are willing to temporarily foster ferrets
needing good homes. The shelter is slowly shutting down as we prepare
to build our home in Montana (this summer) and move permanently in
about a year.

Sharon Cannon, a most excellent volunteer, is setting up a system that
will put people who want to adopt together with people who want to "get
rid of" their ferrets. To learn more and perhaps volunteer contact
Sharon at [log in to unmask]
She is also setting up
myspace.com/kc.ferret.

Shelter census is low now but the Spring/Summer rush will begin as soon
as school gets out and people want to move and/or leave town. We have
some capacity for emergency intake but do not want to overtax any
resource. Of you can't take in temporary ferret foundlings there are
always other ways to help. Thanks in advance for anything you may be
able to do.

Bobbi McC
KC Ferret Hotline and Shelter