From:
Anthony Goh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2008 01:14:39 -0500
Now now. Dont leave the whole thing out

1) They who kill the ferret are the Badguys. Obviously this is the
wrong thing. They also kill an alligator (coc?) later in the movie
for another divination

2) At the end, the Ferrets get their revenge, quite well. I wont spoil
it for any who haven't seen it, but the ferrets are quite instrumental
in helping save the day.

3) The ferrets in Stardust were mostly Computer animated, but other
movies use live trained ferrets that the directors/stars have always
said are wonderful animals and should be praised for being such great
additions to movies.

Don't get so uppity on a movie just because it 'killed a ferret'. Its a
movie, and you have to remember the connotation of the scene plus the
entire story. Not to mention, plenty of other animals are killed in
movies for just as ... doubious reasons (though the animal 'killing'
was for divination, so in the context of the story, not that bad)
Though yes, they never kill cats or dogs, but they are out to make
money, and throwing off half their viewing audiance that doesnt want
to see a cute dog hurt just so ferrets dont get a 'bum rap' isnt going
to fly.

Not to mention (and my memory is faulty here so excuse me if im wrong)
its ferrets int he book. And they stayed (reasonably) close to the
book.