From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 15:52:20 -0500
Dear Ferret Folks-

I opened my mailbox to a number of catnip messages today. (Thank you
all, ladies!) To date, they are unanimous in that they have never had
a problem with sprinkled catnip, or catnip toys and ferrets. This has
been my experience, too. My ferrets have never been the least bit
interested in catnip sprinkled on the floor for Sterling the Silver
Cat. One lady mentioned that her ferrets just stash catnip filled toys
as if they were perfectly ordinary ones. One lady did mention hearing
that "catnip is not good for ferrets", but has no idea why that should
be the case. One lady reported her vet being allergic to catnip. That
must be an occupational hazard. Perhaps today someone will post any
problems they might have had.

For those interested in the Cattyshack lady, Trudy Wallach tells me
that (Trudy is associated with MAFF, Massachusetts Ferret Friends,
where Ping is He came from) both the Cattyshack lady and MAFF
http://www.maferrets.org/ will have booths at the upcoming Rhode
Island Pet Expo being held in Providence on March 8th and 9th.
http://www.osbornejenks.com/ripet.html

The International Cat Association will be there,
http://www.tica.org/html/english/home/
as well as several dog shows. (A police dog demonstration, sounds
interesting!) Bring a bag or can of pet food to donate to a local
shelter, (so the advertising site says) and get a one dollar reduction
on an adult ticket price. The MAFF site says that they will be
travelling with the WONDERFUL Ferret Playground, a favourite of mine,
they will also have T-Shirts. The Pet Expo will be housed at the Rhode
Island Convention Center, http://www.riconvention.com/
which for my money is *the* easiest attraction to get to in Providence.
It's right off of the highway, in fact you can see it from the highway.
Lots of parking. I go every year for the Flower Show.

I pass along the following Hedgie video forwarded to me for those of
you who keep France the Fricken' Pygmy Hedgehog in your memories. I
think this hedgie is eating a piece of breakfast cereal, from the looks
of it.
<http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=29125970>
This one claims to have been viewed 231,991 times since Feb. 25th of
this year. Yes, they really are they cute. And yes, they do 'ate youuu.
Every one of them. But they like breakfast cereal.

Alexandra in MA
(Sorry for all the links, BIG.)