Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2008 16:47:07 -0500
I just want to say that so many people think that Opossums are nasty
animals. If you read up about the animals, you will find that they are
not nasty and are very clean animals as well as not vicious as they
look. I fed possums and had one that came around as a baby. The baby
got used to my voice and lived in our grape arbor and we even made a
special box for him to sleep in at night. I could get within 6 inches
of him to feed him! I made cooked chicken for him every night and cut
it up in smaller pieces. I cut up grapes and bananas and put it up
along the top of the grape arbor for him to eat. He came around every
night and stayed for hours and I cannot tell you how many photos I have
of him. I observed possums for a few years and left food out for them
nightly and became a possum fan especially after watching them and
reading up about them. I even wanted one for a pet but their lifespan
is half that of a ferret. So Marilyn, I am so jealous! Look on the
internet for information about them as they are one of the sooooo
misunderstood animals! They are not rotten animals at all and enjoy
your possum.

I ended up losing my boy New Years Eve a few years ago when a car had
hit him and thrown him, he died from internal injuries. My heart was
broken! We buried him out back in our cemetary with our other pets.

And, thank you so much John!!!!

Eleanor, Donald and the 12 furkids (missing Snuffy as well as many
others)