From:
Regina Badriya Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:03:34 -0500
It is with great sadness that I have some kibble and supplies that I
no longer need and would be happy to give to anyone who needs them in
the Boston, MA area, preferably a shelter.

I have one half full gallon bag of mixed Innova Evo and TF
Turkey-Venison-Lamb kibble and three 2/3 full frozen gallon bags of
same, an unopened bottle of Marshall's probiotic powder and a barely
used tube of Nutrical. I also have about 46ml of 1mg/ml of prednisolone
and some of a bottle of carafate--I know that technically one needs to
transfer these through a vet, but if you are a shelter operator or
longterm ferret owner, I'm willing to give them to you. If interested,
please email me offlist as I'll be unsubbing for a while, badriya at
rcn dot com. I live in Arlington and do not have a car, but my husband
may be able to drop off things for me.

I lost Seti today to the lymphoma/insulinoma double whammy. He was a
big sweet golden retriever of a ferret, as nice as they come, slept in
his own sleep sack on the bed at night, trusting, and utterly full of
energy until about seven weeks ago. If anybody knows of any place doing
ferret lymphoma or insulinoma research that takes donations, I'd like
to know about it. Since I'd budgeted monthly lupron shots for him over
the coming year, I'd like to redirect that money to where it could help
all of us deal with these dreadful diseases.

I'll be back eventually; I've been an FML subscriber since I believe
winter of 1994 and had ferrets nearly all that time, minus perhaps one
month. I know I'll have ferrets again, I can't imagine being without
them long term. But right now I need time to heal.

be well, all,

Regina

Badriya al-Badi'a, Raqs Sharqi and Gothic Belly Dance
http://users.rcn.com/badriya/

"Beauty will be convulsive, or it will not be at all." --Andre Breton