Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 04:14:49 -0500
The email for Pet Supplies Plus is: [log in to unmask] .
I believe the relevant person's name is Joe Fucini, if I remember
correctly.

PSP has been on my list of store to boycott for some time now. I was
banned from their Findlay, OH store a couple yrs ago, cos I had the
*audacity* to report that this store had a ferret, alone in it's
enclosure w/ no toys, bed, tubes, or *anything* but a bowl of dried
up mush, a water bottle, & a litterbox. The ferret was so bored &
unstimulated that it was actually *eating* it's litterbox. When I
explained to them that this was a potential fatal blockage in the
making, I was banned from their store (not only by the store mgr, but
by corporate, as well), for being a "troublemaker". This same store
had, a few mos earlier, a dead skink in a fish tank, on one of my
visits - & the same dead skink was still there 2 wks later, when I
was in there again.

PSP doesn't care about the animals it carries. They only care about
the $$$ they make from selling them. Doesn't matter if they're ferrets,
fish, birds, or reptiles.

Of course, at the time I was banned from their stores, I reported it
here in the FML, urged a boycott of their stores, but was met by this
group w/ a hail of derision.

Seems the worm has turned, eh?

I stopped partonizing almost all pet stores ages ago. I buy most of my
supplies online. That way, I'm boycotting basically *all* pet stores
that sell animals of any sort. Plus, I get better prices, cos I can
compare prices online & get the best deals, w/out wasting gas to do so.

If you contact PSP, I can assure you that you'll receive a nice pat on
the hand via email, & nothing else. If you contact them more than once,
they'll just ban you from their stores. Why not just let them know that
you will be boycotting their stores, why you will be doing so, & let
them know who'll be getting your $ from now on...& how much of your $$$
you won't be spending w/ them on average through the course of one yr?
Places like this don't care about anything except their profit margin.
Don't even give them a chance to change - just hit them in their
wallets & let them know about it. Beat the Christmas rush - boycott
*them* before they ban you & make *you* look like the Bad Guy.

If you *do* contact Mr Fucini, tell him I said "Hi", & that I'm still
happily NOT shopping at their Findlay store. <snort>

Lin, Oberon, Max, Puck, & Ivan, & the Fugitives - Madison & Mason
~ Missing my angel Ariel - 20 April 2000 - 20 January 2007.
  Wait for me, my Baby Girl. I miss you so much. ~

email me at: kay tee en eye el at double-u owe aich dot ar ar dot see
owe em