From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 01:09:39 -0500
Hi all!

Can any one tell me if it is illegal to post a person's PRIVATE e-mail
on a public or private form WITHOUT the original person's permission or
knowledge???

I just found out that a private e-mail I sent to someone appeared
on one of the Yahoo ferret groups that I don't belong to WITHOUT my
knowledge or permission. There are also slanderous remarks as well as
creating definition of character also being made about me on this same
group.

I would like to know what course of legal action if any, I can take
to make sure this doesn't occur again & I would also like to stop the
slanderous remarks as well. Are their any lawyers on this forum that
could give me some legal advise??

[SV]

[Moderator's note: FML policy is that private correspondence needs the
author's permission to be posted. Not only is this good etiquette, but
technically, private e-mail IS copyrighted. Of course, substantiating
damage, economic or otherwise, may be difficult or expensive to do. I
do suggest you take it up with the owner of the group you complain
about though.  BIG (not a lawyer)]