Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2008 16:19:10 -0800
My daughter Elizabeth used to post occasionally on the FML when she was
in high school. I still get emails from people who enjoyed her posts,
and many of the people I meet at various ferret talks frequently ask
about her.

Yesterday, Elizabeth stubbed her toe and fell off her stairs, flipping
over the railing and falling about 10 feet. She was lucky that a small
table broke her fall. She has a bad concussion, tore some muscles, has
a lot of bruises, and tried hard to pull her ear off her head, but the
stitches are holding it back in place. Luckily she wasn't holding
Elaina when she fell.

Anyway, I'll be offline for a couple of days. I'll be babysitting while
Elizabeth tries to recover.

When I told my buddy Kim about Elizabeth's fall, she said it was
"Genetics." Of course, what I didn't tell you was that last week I was
playing with the ferrets in the backyard, and *I* slipped on ice and
wrenched my back. It wasn't the fall that got me, but the "trying not
to fall."

I sure hope it isn't genetics. If so, that poor girl is going to get a
lot of bumps, bruises, and stitches.

Bob C [log in to unmask]