From:
Cindy Scheidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:57:49 -0500
I too am saddened to see that Ferrets Magazine will not be available in
hard copy anymore but it concerns me that it seems to be that there is
more concern over this than the condition at the Rainbow World Exotics
and the PetsMarts in the U. S. (please no flames)

It also really concerns me because of the group PETA being involved in
this finding, automatically it is thought of to be staged. ( I guess
that is like the little boy that cried wolf)

What does it take to believe that the condition at Rainbow World
Exotics is just what we saw of it???? The Today show ran the video
on it, a vet turned away from watching the bunny being neutered!!!!!
You mean, we are to believe that is staged too????

Now we read an email/letter sent by
>Nick Saint-Erne, DVM
>Quality Assurance Veterinarian
>PetSmart, Inc.
stating that Rainbow World Exotics meets their requirements. How
pathetic is that! What standards?

We have heard from people that have worked for PetsMart and they all
seem to concur with how the back stock rooms are handled with sick and
dying animals. These are reputable people in the animal community that
have no reason to lie or to exaggerate what they know first hand as
fact.

So do we continue to shop and condone the practices of Petsmart? Do we
believe that PETA staged the Rainbox World Exoctics and then went to
every Petsmart in the U.S. and staged the conditions and lack of care
in their back rooms?

How many people do we have to hear from with first hand information on
both Rainbow World Exotics and the PetsMarts around the U.S. to realize
this is not what we consider acceptable????????

I know that we were all able to make a difference when it came to the
Ohio Rescue, surely if we take a stand on this we can make a difference
both with PetsMart and Rainbow World Exotics. It has to start
somewhere, why not here?????????????????