Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2008 15:14:50 +0000
When I first read the binder clip post I thought that does sounds like
a good idea but then I started to think about all the concerns the
other posters have. I can see why the person who posted their original
idea might think it's a good idea.

I've tried just about everything I can think of to cut his nails but
there is no idea that I've found helps me to accomplish it. I currently
do the ferretone on the stomach thing but it only works for one nail
at a time until he gets tired of me messing with his feet (usually
after 2-3 nails). I'll then have to give him a short break or else
he definitely won't cooperate and then we start all over with the
ferretone on the stomach. Plus, a lot of times when I'm about to clip
a nail he'll squirm and so there have been a couple of times where I'll
accidentally cut his nail too close. There was also one time when I cut
his paw pad because he moved so quickly.

I've tried different amounts of ferretone and places where its applied
but nothing. In addition, There is no one else who lives with me
that'll be able to help me.

I know he doesn't like anyone even thinking about touching his feet
especially when he was a kit. I have gotten him to the point over the
four years that I've had him where he will tolerate my massaging his
feet for a couple of seconds.

So I can see why someone would think the binder clip is a good idea.