From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 17:54:38 -0700
Dear Cindy,

You wrote,
>...It is important that we continue to find homes for these ferrets,
>as well as realize that there are many, many other ferrets looking for
>homes that are residing in Shelters all over the U.S..
>
>I do understand the interest in the Ohio rescued ferrets but for those
>of you who have inquired about 3 or 4 to give a forever home to - if
>you only locate a couple of the Ohio ferrets near you, what about
>taking a shelter ferret along to give them the same loving home that
>you are offering the Ohio ferrets."

Thank you for such a wonderful post, and helping people to open their
hearts to all ferrets in shelters needing homes, not just the Ohio
rescued kids. The suggestion to those willing to open their home to
a few ferrets, of taking home a combo from a shelter is a wonderful
thought! Nothing prettier than a ferret bouquet!

So much good has come from this rescue. For me, it was personally
meeting yourself and the couple others I'd never met before. As we
drove up and jumped out of the van, being welcomed by everyone was
truly a big part of the positive experience.

Cindy, I thank you for all you did to hold the fort down, and assist
in the streamlining of a well executed rescue!! You always have kind
words, and I enjoyed reading your FML post encouraging both the Ohio
and existing shelter ferret adoptions.

Affectionately,
Barb Clay
Dir of Shelter Affairs for Rocky's