Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:29:21 -0500
SaraFerret runs around tossing notes in de air, so far behind, saying
what can be de matter with my mommy, she has fallen behind in her
postys. Get busy, Mommy. As you may or may not know, ferrets at de
bridge no longer have computer access (something about ordering pizzas
or something and yous can imagine how dat prank went over) so all
messages have to be sents telepathically to de human who must post
dem and you know how busy human can gets. And so.....

Today was a beautiful day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was brushing her
bushy tail which was de only bushy thing abouts her. De rest of her
body fur was still rather sparse, but stills it was better den when she
had crossed de bridge so long ago as a naked ferret, at least dat part
had improved. All of a sudden, Dexter, de little boy courier, flew by
and stopped. Hi SawaFewwet, I has a note from de Boss for yous. Its
says dats a new fewwet is cwossing de bwidge in a few. And dats you is
sposed to gets a bunches of families readys to meets her. I read de
note and told Dexter to quickly go and round up de Fuzzy Loving group
mentioned in de note. Oh Dexter was so proud when he was sent on an
errand like this. Bless his little heart. He means so well and he is
improving on his skills (I hope). Also hope he gets de rights fuzzies.

So I heads for de entrance. Just in time! A tiny little cinnamon fuzzy
was heading across de bridge and de wind was blowing--would she make
it. Well, nothing to do, but to meet her half-way, I inched my way out
dere and handed her my paw and she clutched onto it for dear life and
we manage to make it. Wowsie! it sure was windy all of a sudden.

I introduced myself to her, Hi I am SaraFerret, the bridgegreeter.
Welcome to de Rainbow Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Well, dis
little cinnamon fuzzy just looked at me and says, Uh-hmmm, I am Noel
and I belongs to Mommy Debi and I don't belongs here, I wanna go back
home. I just went to sleep and all of a sudden I wakes up on dis wavey
bridge thing. A big tear falls out of her eye and onto her cheeks. I
hugs her and pats her on de back. I tells her, Uh Noel sorry once you
are here you can't go back-your time on earth is over. Dere just comes
a time in every fuzzy's life when dere time on earth is over and dey
must begin dere bridge journey. But here dere is no pain or suffering,
you can run on green grass, lotsa of friends, no nasty litter pans to
mess with, did I mention fun and games.

Well dat didn't seem to much comfort her, until...Dexter flew in with
some of de Fuzzy Loving group. Den Noel recognized her mother: Kalina,
her dad, White Russian, her sister, Puff and her brother, Kenyon and
even a friend, Tam. Den what happiness--no tears now. Leaps of joy,
bouncing and war dancing began and dey all danced for de longest time
until all wore down.

Den Noel noticed dere wings and asks me about dem. What are dose things
for? Oh de wings are for flying from clouds to clouds. Very handy for
getting around. Sure beats walking. Then her mother Kalina gives her a
demo of flying and Noel was so impressed. Ok, Noel says, Where are my
wings, when do I gets mine. For a tiny cinnamon girl, she sure speaks
rights up, but den cinnamons are noted for speaking dere minds.

So off we went down de garden path toward Kit and Kaboodle where de
wings were stored. Auntie Mary Ferret, the keeper of de place opened de
door and let us all in. On de counter was a big box (of course) and it
was labeled "NOEL". She went over to de box and opened it and took out
de wings--De softest shade of blue with gold streaks throughout. Puff
ran over to help her on with de wings and Kalina adjusted her halo.
Noel went to de big vanity mirror and gazed at her reflection and
turned to us and says, Gee I wish Mommy Debi and Daddy Keith could
sees me now. Den I gots an idea.

So off we went down de garden path toward de Misting Pond. We sat down
by de cool clear water and with one swish Mommy Debi and Daddy Keith
appeared. Dey were talking about little Noel, saying how sad dey were
dat dey hadn't been dere when she began her bridge journey. Noel began
dooking and waving. Hey Mommy and Daddy, I didn't hurt den. I just went
to sleep. Den I wakes up on dis bridge. Look at my wings. I did tells
you good-bye. And den all of de family started waving and dooking and
Noel esp. started throwing kisses and hugs and laid dem on a nearby
shooting star which was headed toward your house. Den with another
swish de vision was gone.

So off went down de garden path toward #45 Fuzzy Loving Lane where de
all lived. A Welcome to De Bridge NOEL banner was strung across one
of de trees. Noel looked at me and asks, How did dey know dat I was
coming? I just replys, Oh we have our ways. Inside one of de meeting
hall, all de Fuzzies were gathered. Dey must've brought in all de food
at de bridge--Dere was Squirt cheese and crackers, iced sweet tea,
cold pepsis, cat food, and (shockingly) chocolate--so dear to a
fuzzy's heart and so forbidden. Dere was music playing and wardancing
everywhere. Fuzzies was dooking up a storm. Reunions everywhere. I was
invited to stay but as usual, I had bridge duties to do, so I nibbled
a bite and sipped a bit of pepsi and headed off to de entrance.

On my way back, I thought to myself, dose NJ fuzzies do love to party
and softly dooked to myself on de love of dat group for each other.

Loveys and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter