From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2007 12:00:10 -0700
Sorry that this is a multimailing. When things calm down I'll send more
personal mail... I just like to know my friends are thinking of me.

I hope this turns out to be just another one of those age-related
things that is nothing much. I found out two days ago that I have a
brain tumor, probably benign.

Oh swell, huh? I will still go to Erthiopi -- the movers sent a 20' x
8' x 8' container of mine off to cross the seas on Tuesday, and my
plans for getting my ferrets and other animals there in relative
comfort are moving along. Now, of course, I do not know whether I
will make my 10/24 flight.

MRI Monday to get more info to supplement the CAT scans of last week.
My primary care MD says that very often there is nothing needed with
these tumors unless they are impinging on something important on my
brain. I went in to check it out becasue I was having a buzzing in
the back of my head.

This is still like a bad dream -- denial, the first stage in these
things, right? Rage certainly seeps in from time to time too. Fear
gave me a massive jolt yesterday. As you can imagine.

The rest of my life is great. And if this thing slides away as merely
a keep-a-watch-on-it deal, I will be one happy woman.