From:
Arlena Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 12:39:47 -0400
Demand For More Detailed Ingredient Labels On Pet Food!

Do consumers really know what's in the can when they buy food for their
cats and dogs? [Insert: ferrets] Some pet owners and animal advocate
groups say no. ...

Federal legislators, concerned about the recent recalls involving
contaminated pet food and treats, are calling for more guidelines
for labeling....

[Moderator's note: Full story available at link below. BIG]
Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

<http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/sfl-flhlppetlabel1001nboct01,0,4164704.story>

 -------

Due to the Non-Recall of the Purina Whisker Lickin's Deli Slices Cat
Treats, Tazzy is on two medications, for the rest of his life, for
kidney and liver problens. These treats were quietly discontinued and
pulled, from sale, about two months, before the Contaminated Pet Food
Recall Fiasco. This leads me to believe Purina knew the treats were
Melamine Contaminated.

Ever since, I check the ingredients of any food item I give to my
kiddies. If any type of Gluten (Corn, Rice, Wheat) is listed, I
automatically reject the food item. Also, I Automatically Reject
any food item, from any Asian Country. Better Safe, Than Sorry!