From:
Laryssa Nyland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 21:25:08 -0700
During the chat after the show with Animal Planet, they mentioned
that during Flower's reign she actually mothered 70 babies! Here's
to Flower. The more I watch the show, the more I see the instinctual
nature of the ferrets. Yes, it'd be cool if they actually got along
like meerkats, but unfortunately they have evolved to be gregarious,
not "social" (social being a very strict order) although I have heard
many of you do have very strong alphas.

It makes me appreciate and realize the fact that some of mine have
baser instincts than others, like Okojyo who can smell water (yes,
she can) or maybe they all can, but only she is crazy enough to go to
wherever there is a drop in the room, other than her water dishes.

Laryssa