From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:38:10 -0400
[Moderator's note: Not really TOTALLY off topic! BIG]

Dear Friends,

We have had two instances across the Connecticut River in Springfield,
Vt. involving cats. But, the principal of the idea involves all animals
owned by someone including ferrets.

Everything here in Ledoux Hospice, when it comes into my care, is
owned by me, I support them, I feed them, I pay all the bills.

Politicians will be clamoring for your vote - please ask them to
support ALL the people they represent.

In Springfield, Vt. recently, and it was in the newspaper, two cats
were killed, one was shot by a teenager, the other was beaten to death
by a man.

Talking about this to the Animal Control Officer in my town, I was
told, there would probably not be any thing done to the people involved
- it was only a cat.

Okay, there are millions of cats, I have 22, I support and maintain
these cats, flea meds were three figures this year. And that was over
the Internet where it was much cheaper than the vet.

If you take it upon yourself to kill or maim any one of my 22 cats, or
anything else in my care, I would call that theft. You have done damage
to my property.

There are no laws with teeth in them for this kind of problem. No one
is going to prison where we have to support them for a cat.

But, what about me and those two people that owned those cats? To my
knowledge, they had to pay for the food they ate like I do. NOBODY
gives me cat food.

Talk to your politicians, they need to address this issue. I am, and
would appreciate people in all states addressing this issue.

If it is no big deal, where are they giving out free cat food, I'll
send the truck. Throw on some Iams dog food, mini chunks please, fish
food, Totally ferret, and bird food. I have two birds that were so
traumatised they cannot live with anyone else around. They have to be
by themselves. One talks now, so I guess I'm doing okay. But it still
eats.

Ideally, it you are convicted of animal cruelty, and the animal goes
into hospice care, YOU SUPPORT IT FOR THE REST OF IT'S LIFE, FOOD, VET
BILLS, TREATS, COLLARS, AND TOYS.

The police would only have to do one, the next person would get smart
very quickly.

Talk to your politicians please - accountability is the key to a crime
and abuse free world.

If I have ruffled your feathers, I'm sorry, and I sign everything I
write.

Marilyn Ledoux