From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 17:09:52 -0400
There has been a bit of a problem which I think is partly because of
someone getting overly enthusiastic but not thinking how that might
cause her to steamroller over others, and because of someone not
understanding copyright: that people own their own words (including
in posts) in most cases, that they own their websites, that they own
their own photos (which is how Steve and I got pulled into this), etc.

Anyway, in trying to get that settled down into a constructive lesson
(because the someone has very real potential to do a lot of good if the
problems can be avoided in the future) I passed along some copyright
sites by professionals. It struck me afterward that a lot of people
ASSUME they know what copyright is but really don't so maybe folks here
can avoid problems and protect themselves by learning from these. After
all, what one person gets wrong usually multiple others also get wrong.

http://www.piercelaw.edu/tfield/cOpyNet.htm

http://mason.gmu.edu/~montecin/copyright-internet.htm

http://mason.gmu.edu/~montecin/cpyrght.htm

http://www.utsystem.edu/OGC/INTELLECTUALPROPERTY/mmfruse.htm

http://www2.lib.udel.edu/subj/copyright/internet/

They are all legal offices or university office sites which can help
and there are more. Folks avoid the amateur sites because those can
get you in real trouble.

Take dates into consideration because things change over time.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: