From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask] 0901 22229 98 32_Problems introducing new [log in to unmask], 29 Jan 2009 14:47:00 -060 Linda Watts
2808 S. US 35 Lot 87
Logansport IN 46947 [...]36_21Oct200810:02:[log in to unmask] 0810 11835 37 51_MS Shelter Offering Overcrowded Shelters Assistance61_Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary in Hernando, [log in to unmask], 21 Oct 2008 16:16:05 -0400477_- I know that many shelters across the country are experiencing record
numbers of incoming ferrets this year. Unbelievably, our shelter is
experiencing a record increase in adoptions resulting in a record low
in available ferrets for adoption. Although we close for adoptions in a
few weeks, we are quickly running out of ferrets in need of homes. Our
busy time for adoptions is during the months of January and February
and we could be without ferrets! [...]43_21Oct200816:16:[log in to unmask] 0810 11873 40 31_The Ariel Fund Raffle [log in to unmask], 21 Oct 2008 11:08:46 -0400599_- Here's the list of winners, folks!

Item #1 - Staci's Halloween bedding - MARSHA STANEK

Item #2 - My cloud bedding - KATRINA SWORD

Item #3 - Jen's personalized pet portrait - JESSIE MOLAN

Item #4 - tiny crocheted ferret - STEPH RICHMOND

Item #5 - ferret towel holder - RENEE DOWNS

I have already emailed the winners, & those of you who have provided
some of the prizes, will be getting their contact info. I have contact
info for just about everyone - those who didn't send snail mail addies,
I've already requested that they do so ASAP. [...]38_21Oct200811:08:[log in to unmask] 0810 11914 37 22_Debra re: fibrosarcoma12_Tara [log in to unmask], 21 Oct 2008 06:43:15 +0000589_- Hi Debra,

First of all, let me offer my deepest condolences to you and yours.....
fibrosarcomas are terrible things... In 2001 our ferret , Bruiser had
one removed from his face....( the face is a particularly hard place
to treat) the bad part of these particular tumors is that even if you
remove every bit of it...there are still millions of cells that remain
and will grow again, rapidly. We had this tumor debulked every 3 months
only for it to return again and every time with a vengeance worse than
before. Dr Bruce Williams worked with our Vet on [...]52_21Oct200806:43:[log in to unmask] 0810 11952 31 30_Ferret who perioditally vomits13_Michael [log in to unmask], 21 Oct 2008 03:53:25 -0700556_- We have a ferret who periodically vomits. It has only happened 5 - 6
times in the last couple months or so. She is about 3-4 years old has
been fixed and desented (Marshall). Appears to be in good health
(plays, dances etc). She is alert and curious. The only difference is
this fall she has gotten bigger without any weight gain. We had two
last year that did the same thing. We took her to our vet who is ferret
knowledgeable and he checked her over and couldn't find anything. We
attributed her vomiting to the dental gel we [...]39_21Oct200803:53:[log in to unmask] 0810 11984 18 31_Goin' from B I G to itsy [log in to unmask]@COMCAST.NET31_Tue, 21 Oct 2008 01:43:19 -0700408_- Need your help.

Factual data needed that gives relative size of B I G chunk of ingested
ferret food compared to itsy bitsy molecule from that food that is
ported into blood system through villi of intestinal wall.

Help, anybody?

Edward Lipinski, aka Baron von Ferret
Ferret Endowment for Research, Rehabilitation, Educa
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:18:42 +0000
Hi there,

Good News about yesterday's post concerning the three ferrets discarded
in the wood of Mass.

Even as Alicia was posting, Diddy Wheeler of Mass Ferret Friends, Rose
German of Little Feet Ferret Retreat and I (Diane) of South Shore
Ferret Care were working behind the scenes to arrange safe haven for
these three ferrets.

Even though like most states and shelters we are mostly full to the
rafters with ferrets, we always have room, or make room for any ferrets
in dire circumstances. Ronnie DiComo has offered to transport them to
Rose German who will take in these little ones for a bit to ensure
their safety and will then be transitioned into the South Shore Ferret
Care Shelter.

It's so nice to be able to work together to do whatever needs to be
done to ensure the safety of all of the ferrets. We continue to work
with a wonderful network of dedicated ferret people as well as all of
the animal control officers, human societies and animal rescue leagues.

Sincerely,
Diane Wall
South Shore Ferret Care