Tue, 5 Feb 2008 05:36:49 -0800
Howard,

I am planning on a July release of a ferret magazine, and I have quite
a few ideas of what I want in it, but basically - a magazine that is
somewhat a reflection of the community, a dynamic "forum" if you will,
where submissions of articles, stories, and issues is key. Fiction
would have its place alongside articles, and it would be more "diverse"
and in-depth than Ferrets (not that I didn't like Ferrets). That is why
I have described it as more of a digest, than a magazine - I am not
sure if people would enjoy reading a Reader's Digest type publication
of a ferret magazine, and the cost of the magazine would be also
related directly in which one the readers wanted. I plan to set up a
website somewhat soon with a poll, and to start accepting submissions,
ideas, and suggestions, but the backbone of the magazine is already
in place, as is a publisher. It is simply gathering enough non-paid
pre-subscriptions (5,000 would make the magazine very cheap; but of
course, no start up magazine or even a magazine that is a niche
magazine is going to start with 5,000 subscriptions). Then when there
is enough interest, the magazine will go to print. I also longed to
see a magazine that had more "current" events published.

This is the kind of magazine I would like to see and am planning on
bringing to life. I always loved reading Ferrets, but it always ended
far too quickly for me to enjoy all month and I really wished they
would have more articles.

Laryssa