Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2008 11:13:35 -0500
From:
I'm not going to comment on the Virginia situation other than to say
that when I ran a shelter it was not uncommon to find a few dead
bodies wrapped up in a towel and then a plastic bag in my freezer.
Our crematorium allowed us to fill a bag and then pay what they
would charge for a single dog of the same weight. For a shelter to
individually cremate every ferret that dies while in their care--and
unfortunately a great many do because no one wants to adopt the
ferrets with lympho or insulinoma or simply very old age--it would be
outrageously cost-prohibitive, and that money is much better spent on
high quality food, medicines, and vet care.

Anne