Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:06:14 -0400
A Dish of Crow ... by Christopher Bennet

This was the first post by Chris that grabbed my attention and was the
beginning of a memorable friendship:

Well, I prefer to eat my crow medium rare, and I am eating a big ole
plate of it. It all started with a stopped up commode. A few hours with
a plunger later and suddenly whatever was in there went through and all
was well. Two days later, same issue but the plunger seemingly lost
it's effectiveness. If you've never ripped up a commode to look in it
from the other end, you are blessed. What I found was a wealth of qtips
in various stages of decay creating a little dam (or is that damn) with
toilet paper reinforcement, well I found more than that but I'll spare
you. Not pleasant!

And the ranting began. "Honey, why on earth would you put qtips in the
commode?" I inquired, a hint of righteous indignation creeping into my
voice. Shocked denial, and looks of innocence fanned the flames into
imperious superior male logic, as I said, "well only two of us in this
house and I am damn sure I didn't put them in there." Yes, my maleness
had taken over my mouth and my brain immediately shut down. I'll spare
you the gory details, but I'm going to carpet that doghouse in case I
find myself sleeping in there again, maybe a skylight and hottub.

Flash forward two days, I'm once again sleeping inside the house, but
not yet fully forgiven. As I get out of the shower I chuckle at angels
attempt to dry my foot. Reaching for a qtip, I dry the water from my
ears and discard it into the trash. To my amazement, Angel immediately
runs to the wastebasket, retrieves the soiled qtip and deposits it
in the commode. Again my maleness overran my brain as I reached for
another qtip and I heard my mouth say, "Hey Babe, come look, you won't
believe this."

Would someone pass the salt and pepper please.

Tickletacklehugglepounce
Christopher & Angel & Buddy & Buffy & Rico