Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2008 09:30:38 -0700
I've been offline for nearly all the time since my last message and
have more messages than I can answer tonight. Even though I don't
sleep much, I do need a couple hours. ;-)

I'm currently in Christchurch and tomorrow will leave for Dunedin. I am
not exactly sure of where and when I will be, nor do I know if I will
have internet service. South Island people can call me on the cell
phone if I don't answer an email promptly (021-068-9503). That may
be the only way you can quickly contact me. Remember, we need your
ferret's DNA. For those of you who are worried about the DOC, just
email North Island people who have met me and seen and heard of what
I am doing. I am sure most of them will say something like, "He will
talk forever, but he is basically harmless" or something similar.

My next stop will be Australia. I hope you Oz-guys are as friendly and
helpful as the Kiwi-guys have been. ;-) I think most -- if not all of
my time -- is already spoken for in Australia, but if there is a need,
I will stay a few days longer to make sure I get everything possible
and no one is left out.

Coming up next: England (including Wales) and Scotland, and then some
more England. When I get to Australia, I'll email all of you with a
more precise date.

Europe: I have so many DNA offers from so many places, I am not yet
sure how I will work out the schedule. Just as soon as I think I have
it down, someone else from another country emails me. That is NOT a
complaint! I am just trying to make the travel schedule have some logic
so I don't run from West Europe to East Europe more than I need to do
so. Since I am trying to make sure I get to all places, I'll probably
wait until the last minute to announce the travel schedule. Finland,
Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Poland are ON the list, in case you are
in the piles of email I haven't had time to answer. For some reason,
France is a bit light on the visits, so you French ferret owners, drop
me a line! Holland, Germany, Hungary and others are also on the list,
but I think I emailed them already.

For those of you who want a tiny bit of insight to why New Zealand is
so fondly compared to California, just drive from Santa Barbara to San
Jose on Highway 1. That scenic drive is so much like what I see in New
Zealand it is scary. Well, except the parts that look a lot like around
Yellowstone. And a few parts that look like San Diego. And of course
the parts that look like the Sierras, but all those parts are secondary
to what I now call, "The Great Cow Highway" (Highway 1 to you Kiwis). I
can almost hear some CDFG idiot saying, "Dis place looks lak home....we
muss hava problem wif dem der furrits. We gots ta git rid of em!"

I'll try to get online asap once I get to Dunedin.

Bob C  [log in to unmask]