Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:13:07 -0500
Today finds SaraFerret rushing around de Bridge with notes in her paws,
a few in her mouth and a couple in her arms, saying Oh my so far behind
in postys: Mommy will never gets caught up. Mommy you has to gets
feeling better and gets dese done. As you may or may not know, ferrets
at de bridge no longer have access to computers (something about
ordering pizzas (and you can imagine how dat prank went over). And
so.....

Today was a beautiful day at de bridge. SaraFerret was dozing by de
entrance when all of a sudden she saw a fuzzie limping across de
bridge. Oh mercy, will he make it? He is holding on to de hand ropes,
but is having a bad times. Quickly I gets up and edges out dere to
helps him. He clutches my paw and says Thanks you, my lady (such a
polite fuzzy).

He introduces himself to me, Hi I am Bilbo and I was living at dis
HeavenScent place with dis nice lady name Sandi Robinson who takes care
of me. I had lotsa friends dere and a roomate name of Possum and even
my sister Lily. I wasn't feeling too good though and finally I just got
bad sick and something happened and then I wakes up here on dis bridge.
My back still doesn't feel too good. Who are you anyway and where am I?

So I tells him, I am SaraFerret the bridgegreeter. Welcome to de
Rainbow Bridge. This is your new forever home. Here you will have no
pain or suffering. (All of a sudden, Bilbo's back was straight and it
no longer hurt). You will run free in de green grass and have a
beautiful cottage to live in with soft hammies to sleep in, lotsa food
and water, friends to run and play with, did I mention fun and games?

Then all of a sudden, his two brothers Lightening and Tubby ran up to
welcome him. He was able to dance with joy at de reunion. Slap tails
all around and high-fives and a bit of war dancing took place. When all
had calmed down, Bilbo noticed dere wings. Hey, dose look so cool, does
everyone gets dose, or do just special fuzzies get dem? I told Bilbo,
All fuzzies get dem and all are specially designed for each fuzzy dat
crosses de bridge. Oh my, Bilbo was so pleased with dat. For de first
time, he would get something especially for himself.

So off we went down de garden path toward Kit and Kaboodle. We opened
de door and on de counter was a big box (of course). Bilbo opened de
box and took out de wings--Bright pink with silver streaks, just
perfect for a fuzzyfly. So I helped him on with his wings and adjusted
his halo. With his brothers looking on, he ran to de big vanity mirror
and gazed at his reflection and turned to me and said, Gee, I wish
Mommy Sandi could see me now. Den I gots an idea.

So off we went down de garden path toward de Misting Pond. We sat down
beside de cool clear water and with one swish Bilbo, Lightening and
Tubby could see Mommy Sandi appear. She looked kinda worried. So dey
all started waving and dooking and it seemed as though she looked up
and smiled a big smile. Look at me Bilbo dooked. I can sit straight
now, I don'ts hurt anymore. Look at my wings. I am beautiful now. (I
didn't have de heart to tell him dat in Mommy Sandi's eyes dat he was
beautiful no matter how he looked). Lightening and Tubby joined in and
started throwing hugs and kisses and laid dem on a nearby shooting star
and sent dem on its way to your house. And with another swish de vision
was gone.

Den we continued on down de garden path. But first we stopped by de
Fruit and Kibble Bar for a short snack. It seems as though Bilbo was
hungry. He had never forgotten what it was like to be left behind. He
also remembered what a joy it was when someone cared enough to rescue
him from a place where it was bad. So after he had his snack, we
continued on toward de HeavenScent Cottage where all of dem lived in a
big group. Its kinda nice when you can gather with your friends. Dere
was a Welcome to de Bridge Bilbo banner strung across de cottage. Bilbo
whispered to me, How did dey know I was coming? I dooked back, Oh we
have our ways.

At de cottage, dere was music playing, and de food was spread on de
tables--mercy--squirt cheese and crackers, iced sweet tea, cold pepsis,
a bit of cat food, and (shockingly) chocolate, so dear to a fuzzy's
heart and so forbidden. Fuzzies was dancing all over de place, was
barely room for any one else. Dey asked me to stay, but oh my I had
bridge duties to attend to and another fuzzy was crossing, so off I
went.

But as I left, I thought to myself.

Blessed are de Rescuers, for they shall wear crowns of gold in de
Heavens.

Loveys and Hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter