From:
Roberta McCanse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:27:52 -0500
In case the shelter director doesn't have time to respond, and in
case someone else is trying to handle distribution of the ferrets,
I'm including here an e-mail I sent to the shelter:

"As a 501c3 domestic ferret shelter we could probabaly handle a group
of 5 or 10 of your rescues. Our vet would probably help us with
neuter/spay and we can update canine distemper. For some reason it's
raining ferrets here, an unusual situation for us in the Fall season,
but we do still have some cage space available. Transportation would
be a problem for us but there are others who may be able to help with
this.

With the help of other shelters around the country we were able to
place 47 ferrets confiscated by the state of Missouri a few years ago.
I cannot imagine how you are handling this influx. Best wishes to you
in any case."

Bobbi McC
KC Ferret Hotline and Shelter
816-842-3707